Infographic: 5 Fundamental Truths About Leadership Development for Front-line Leaders
Jun 15, 2020
- Joe White, Director, AEU LEAD
At AEU LEAD, our mission is simple: to enable transformation. Transformation is the process of creating and sustaining desired changes for the purpose of growth and improvement. Whether it involves safety performance, customer service, or operational efﬁciencies, organizations are constantly seeking ways to gain an advantage in an increasingly competitive and ever-changing marketplace. Unfortunately, this is an area where most companies struggle.
Our business model and portfolio of products and services are built around ﬁve fundamental observations and trends we see across the labor-intensive industries we serve.
Here are five fundamental truths about leadership development for front-line leaders:
- The continuous pursuit of growth and improvement is an essential need most companies have.
- Front-line supervisors play a critical role in driving change.
- Most front-line supervisors don't have the skills needed for success.
- Few companies provide training or have the internal resources needed for supervisor development.
- Organizations that invest in leadership development consistently outperform those that don't.
The opinions and comments expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not reflect the opinion of ALMA, The American Equity Underwriters, Inc. or AmWINS. None of the aforementioned parties or the authors are responsible for any inaccuracy of content or for any loss or damages incurred by any party as a result of reliance on information contained in this article. Content may not be published or reproduced without the written consent of the authors. Prior articles may not be updated for accuracy as pertinent information changes over time. The AEU LEAD blog is intended to provide general information and should not be construed as legal advice.